Spring is just about here & that means 2 things... the temps are quickly rising here in Houston & the birds are coming out in full force! The girls put out a bird feeder shaped mold about a week ago & it was gone within a day or so! Those little birds are hungry! (at least we hope it's the birds eating it!) ;-) Then a few days ago, one bird was even trying to crash through our window! :-)
Since we were in the midst of our Spring Break, we thought it would be fun to make a bird feeder of our own. We found this really awesome display of Diet Coke It's Mine bottles set up at Randall's & could not pass them up. Did you know no 2 bottles are the same?!?! We found our most favorite bottles that we felt represented Spring...or just liked the most. :-)
There's a really fun sweepstakes going on now too! Who wants a chance to win 1 of 10 VIP prize packages for 2 to Los Angeles to see Primetime TV's Biggest Awards show in September?!?! Um...me please! Packages include: hotel, travel gift cards, pre-party reception, exclusive gift bag & tickets to the awards show!!! From now until April 26, 2016, you can snap a selfie with your favorite Diet Coke It's Mine bottle or can & submit it on Twitter &/or Instagram with the hashtag #ItsAllMineSweepstakes for a chance to win. Winners will be selected around April 27, 2016.
Note..... your Twitter & Instagram accounts need to be set to public or unprotected in order for your entries to be viewable & valid.
Click HERE* for more information on the sweepstakes and to discover your entry.
*Once your entry is submitted, your entry picture will be added to this microsite. If your photo doesn't appear within 24 hours, your entry did not submit appropriately. You can check for appropriate hashtag & whether your Twitter/Instagram was made public prior to your submission.
TUTORIAL for bird feeder using
Diet Coke "It's Mine" bottles ----
1. Clean out & dry your Diet Coke It's Mine bottle & gather your supplies:
(empty bottle, dish to hold bird seed, wire, wall plate holder, funnel, hole punch & bird seed)
2. Hole punch 4 holes along the edges of the plastic dish
3. Attach wire thru the holes of plastic dish, slide the plate holder onto the bottom curve of the Diet Coke It's Mine bottle & then attach the other end of wire to the plate holder (leave a small clearance between opening of bottle & the plastic dish so bird seed can flow out)
4. Fill the Diet Coke It's Mine bottle with bird seed
5. Slide the wire frame over the bottle to the bottom curve of the bottle & hang your beautiful bird feeder in the perfect tree & feed some birds!
Pretty painless, right?! And cute too! The best part is that when it's time to refill, you can just pull the bottle up through the springs of the plate holder without having to remove any of the wires!
What fun things have you come up with for using these Diet Coke It's Mine bottles? Happy crafting everyone!